giovedì 23 luglio 2009

Random hearts








Just some random clothes mixing, including my new jacket-y.
Yep. I was bored. Too hot and sultry to do anything useful, today...
And my parents stole all my new books to read 'em while they're on the beach - yeah, now my family (mum, dad, two younger brothers) is in Croatia on holiday (with my new books, and I repeat it, in case someone didn't notice - they were *my* books, including Special Topics in Calamity Physics, Stieg Larsson's trilogy, my beloved Lolita and Cats in the Belfry) and I'm here, home, with 43°C (about 110*F), four cats between my feet.
And working like a modern Stakanov.
Or Cinderella.
Or both.
You know, I have to drive for 44 km (like, uhm, 27 miles? I'm no good in interpreting conversion tables) every morning , and when I finally arrive to the office, no matter what I wear, I'm bathed in sweat and nervy as a cat.
...
I don't like driving at all, by the way.
And, you know, it's not easy to look impeccable, when the back of your white-linen dress is crinklier than a Neapolitan mastiff and your hair - the same hair that in the morning looked flawlessly curly and shiny after their nighthly pincurls threatement - look like you've survived the sinking of the Titanic.
Too bad for an elegant 1940s secretary wannabe.

Come on, fellow bloggers, cry for me.

2 commenti:

  1. Those are three delightful outfits. I really liked your post on how you redid the jacket. Keep it up!

    Thanks Doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hi my dear, these are adorable! They remind me of Polyvore sets :)

    Thank you ever so much for your comment with the cold cream recipe that you shared on my site. I truly appreciate it and hope that others will as well (I have massively sensitive skin and am always delighted when I can make my own beauty products and control what does - and doesn't - go into them). It was very kind of you to share that recipe, thank you again!

    Have a beautiful day - big hugs!
    ♥ Jessica

    RispondiElimina